Welcome to SPCodex
The Smashing Pumpkins wiki
Help us build the world's largest knowledge base for The Smashing Pumpkins and related acts!
TheFutureEmbrace is the debut solo album by Billy Corgan. With shoegaze and electronic elements, it deviated from most of his previous work with The Smashing Pumpkins. Arrangements followed an unusual process of splitting melodies based on their pitch and programming synths around them. The album featured guests Emilie Autumn, drummer Jimmy Chamberlin, and Robert Smith of The Cure who sang on the Bee Gees cover "ToLoveSomebody". The album garnered positive critical attention, with the Alternative Press calling it "some of the most engaging music of his career".
"One and All" is the second single from The Smashing Pumpkins' tenth album Monuments to an Elegy. In an interview with the Huffington Post, Billy Corgan said "I basically sang the whole song the first time I wrote it... It had written itself." The song was favorably received by critics, with Music Times drawing comparisons to Mellon Collie, and Spin saying it "boast[s] a shoegaze-set-on-overdrive sheen". It peaked at #34 on the US Mainstream Rock chart in 2015, and at #47 on the US Rock Airplay chart.
- ...that "The Crying Tree of Mercury" had an online interactive music video directed by Billy Corgan that was released by MTV?
- ...that briefly there was belief that one of the girls on the cover of Siamese Dream was actually former bassist Nicole Fiorentino? The actual girls were later found and reunited in 2018.
- ...that the guitar solo on "Siva" is the band's first use of the Big Muff pedal that was famously used on Siamese Dream?
- ...that Sharon Osbourne briefly managed The Smashing Pumpkins in late 1999?
- ...that "Bullet with Butterfly Wings" was one of 165 songs strongly recommended to be pulled from radio following the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks?
December 2, 2022
November 22, 2022
- The Smashing Pumpkins announce "The World Is A Vampire" festival in Mexico for March 4, 2023, also featuring Interpol, Peter Hook and the Light, among other openers. Tickets go on sale November 28.
November 20, 2022
- The Rubano Tapes Vol. 2 is announced, with sales through Madame ZuZu's available starting November 25.
November 18, 2022
November 16, 2022
Today in history
- 2009: "A Song for a Son" was released in the US (MP3)
- 1991: (The Smashing Pumpkins) City Coliseum; Austin, TX, US
- 1993: (The Smashing Pumpkins) (unknown venue) Ann Arbor, MI, US
- 2008: (The Smashing Pumpkins) Auditorium Theatre; Chicago, IL, US – Ginger Pooley and Lisa Harriton's last show, and Jimmy Chamberlin's last show until 2015-07-07
- 2010: (The Smashing Pumpkins) Wild Horse Pass Hotel & Casino Showroom; Chandler, AZ, US
- 2011: (The Smashing Pumpkins) Campo Pequeno; Lisbon, PT
- 2012: (The Smashing Pumpkins) Susquehanna Bank Center; Camden, NJ, US
- 2014: (The Smashing Pumpkins) Webster Hall; New York, NY, US
- 2018: (The Smashing Pumpkins) The Forum (Inglewood, California); Inglewood, CA, US [KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas]