Welcome to SPCodex
Peel Sessions is an EP from The Smashing Pumpkins, featuring songs recorded live on September 8, 1991 for John Peel's Radio 1 show, though minor overdubbing was later added. According to the Pisces Iscariot liner notes, the band was two hours late due to a technical misunderstanding, limiting the amount of material they were able to record. Three songs were recorded, including "Siva" and the previously unreleased songs "Girl Named Sandoz" and "Smiley". "Girl Named Sandoz" is a cover of The Animals, and is a reference to Sandoz Laboratories, where LSD was invented. The EP was released under Hut Records in the UK in June 1992.
"Stand Inside Your Love" is the second single and lead international single from 2000's Machina/The Machines of God. At the time, Corgan called it the only "true" love song he'd ever written. He told VH1 Storytellers, "'Stand Inside Your Love' is one of those rare songs that seems to write itself really quickly... As far as the song goes, it's sort of a love song that rocks, which is pretty rare, even for me." The single's cover depicted the alchemical androgyne, a significant symbolic representation within alchemy, which basically represents the perfect union between man and woman when joined as a single entity. "Stand Inside Your Love" charted in at least 8 countries and peaked at #2 on the Alternative Songs chart.
- ...that Billy Corgan briefly worked with basketball superstar and rapper Shaquille O'Neal? Corgan began work on a track loosely inspired by Dr. Dre, but the collaboration fell through. The drumbeats that survived were used in "Eye", which appeared on the Lost Highway soundtrack.
- ...that the arrangements for TheFutureEmbrace followed an unusual process of splitting melodies into four parts based on their pitch, and the production team would program synths in each voicing and combine them into a multitrack recording?
- ...that Gish was named after silent film icon Lillian Gish? In an interview, Corgan said his grandmother told him "one of the biggest things that ever happened was when Lillian Gish rode through town on a train".
- ...that a cheat code in the game Doom is a reference to a 1993 Usenet joke called Smashing Pumpkins Into Small Piles Of Putrid Debris (SPISPOPD), and this is reason the Doom explosion sound was sampled in "Where Boys Fear to Tread"?
- ...that "Thru the Eyes of Ruby" contains approximately 70 guitar tracks, while "To Forgive" consists of only one live guitar take?
June 14, 2020
June 8, 2020
- Due to concerns around the COVID-19 pandemic, The Smashing Pumpkins are forced to cancel the Rock Invasion 2 Tour.
June 6, 2020
- The Smashing Pumpkins are inviting fans to submit covers of Adore songs to mark the 22nd anniversary of its release. Winners will have their videos featured on official social channels and receive a merch prize pack or credits for the online store. 
June 1, 2020