SPCodex is a central resource for all knowledge surrounding The Smashing Pumpkins and related acts. It is written and moderated entirely by fans like you.
In late March 2020, Billy Corgan wrote in an Instragram story that he was looking to create a "database" of sorts that documents all material. SPCodex founder MusikAnimal messaged Corgan and proposed creating a wiki. Corgan expressed interest in the idea, and SPCodex was born. Although no formal arrangement or endorsement was made, we are pleased with what we've built and hope it will meet the band's expectations as an accurate, fan-driven resource for all to enjoy.
Special thanks[edit source]
SPCodex is made possible by:
- The Smashing Pumpkins, William Patrick Corgan and company for kicking ass and delighting fans for over three decades
- MusikAnimal – founder and administrator
- Eric at SPFC (Smashing Pumpkins Fan Collaborative) – for his famously comprehensive work without which SPCodex would have been impossible
- SPLRA (Smashing Pumpkins Live Recording Association) – all articles on live shows through 2019 were imported from SPLRA, with full history intact
- Soniclovenoize from SPRS (Smashing Pumpkins Recording Sessions wiki) – primary source for all of the studio sessions
- Wikipedia contributors – the direct copy-and-paste source (thanks to CC BY-SA) for most of the major releases and topics
- Contributors and readers like you – for helping us grow and/or caring to enjoy our work
If you have suggestions about content, please consider creating an account and changing it yourself!
- If you were a SPLRA contributor, you can claim your account with full history here on SPCodex by contacting the sysadmin.