|Studio album by |
|Released||March 4, 2002|
|Label||Virgin, Hut Recordings|
|Producer||Billy Corgan, Beck, Jarvis Cocker, Étienne Daho, Ben Hillier, Tony Hoffer, Steve Mackey, Barry Reynolds, Dave Stewart, Les Valentins|
Kissin Time is the sixteenth album by British musician Marianne Faithfull. It featured three songs (co-)written and/or performed by Billy Corgan, in addition to recording, production and mixing. The Smashing Pumpkins personnel Howard Willing (pre-production), Bjorn Thorsrud (mixing, recording) and Matt Walker (drumming) also contributed. Other artists featured on the album include Beck, Blur and Pulp.
AllMusic gave the album four out of five stars, calling it "another raise of the bar" for Faithfull, noting that it was Billy Corgan "who gets the highest marks here for capturing Faithfull's dominant strengths … the pace of her delivery, and the dynamic her lyrics demand."
Tracks of interest[edit | edit source]
|4.||"I'm on Fire" (co-sung by Corgan)||Billy Corgan, Marianne Faithfull||5:11|
|5.||"Wherever I Go"||Billy Corgan||4:26|
|11.||"Something Good" (cover of I'm into Something Good)||Gerry Goffin, Carole King||3:23|
Personnel[edit | edit source]
- Billy Corgan
- Vocals – "I'm on Fire"
- Guitar, bass, piano/keyboards, programming/sequencing, production, mixing, recording – "I'm on Fire", "Wherever I Go", "Something Good"
- Songwriting – "I'm on Fire", "Wherever I Go"
- Bjorn Thorsrud – mixing/recording ("I'm on Fire", "Wherever I Go", "Something Good")
- Howard Willing – pre-production ("I'm on Fire", "Wherever I Go", "Something Good")
- Marianne Faithfull – lead vocals ("I'm on Fire", "Wherever I Go", "Something Good")
- Matt Walker – drums ("I'm on Fire")
Release history[edit | edit source]
|March 4, 2002||Hut Recordings||CDHUT71||CD||UK & Europe|||
|August 13, 2002||Virgin||7243 8 12009 2 6||CD||US|||
References[edit | edit source]
- Jurerk, Thom. "Kissin' Time – Marianne Faithfull". AllMusic. Retrieved March 4, 2021.