The Smashing Pumpkins 2007-05-22
|May 22, 2007 – Paris, FR|
|Live performance by The Smashing Pumpkins|
|Date||May 22, 2007|
|Venue||Le Grand Rex|
|Personnel||Billy Corgan, Jimmy Chamberlin, Jeff Schroeder, Ginger Pooley, Lisa Harriton|
|Order of bands||The Smashing Pumpkins|
May 22, 2007 was the debut show of the newly reformed Smashing Pumpkins.
Setlist[edit | edit source]
Soundcheck[edit | edit source]
Set[edit | edit source]
- "United States"
- "Stand Inside Your Love"
- "Bleeding the Orchid"
- "Doomsday Clock"
- "Bullet with Butterfly Wings"
- "Welcome to the Jungle" [Guns N' Roses] (tease)
- "Gossamer" [18:30]
- "1969" [The Stooges] (tease)
- "Ring a Ring o' Roses" [traditional] (tease)
- "For God and Country"
- "To Sheila"
- "Glass and the Ghost Children"
- "Cherub Rock"
- "Tonight, Tonight"
- "That's the Way (My Love Is)"
Encore one[edit | edit source]
Encore two[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Jeff Schroeder, Ginger Reyes, and Lisa Harriton's first show
- "For God and Country", "Thirty-Three", "Rocket", "Winterlong" and "To Sheila" performed acoustic
- First performance of "Annie-Dog" since 1998-08-21
- First performances of "United States", "Bleeding the Orchid", "Doomsday Clock", "Starz", "Tarantula", "For God and Country", "Gossamer", "Winterlong", "Neverlost", "That's the Way (My Love Is)" and "Untitled"
- "With Every Light" was on the setlist as a third encore but not played
Banter[edit | edit source]
Stand Inside Your Love
Bleeding the Orchid
BC: Thank you.
Bullet with Butterfly Wings / Welcome to the Jungle
(BC over opening drums & bass: Do you know where you are? You're in the jungle, baby.)
Gossamer / 1969 / Ring a Ring o' Roses
BC: Thank you very much. We are the Smashing Pumpkins. You should be very afraid. Very afraid. Not of the Smashing Pumpkins. The Smashing Pumpkins are your friends. If you need a helping hand, a shoulder to cry on, some Euros if you can’t pay your rent...the Smashing Pumpkins.
For God and Country (acoustic)
(BC during intro: This is a song from our new album, Zeitgeist. It’s called For God and Country.)
Thirty-Three (Billy 12-string w/Lisa)
Rocket (Billy solo acoustic)
Winterlong (Billy acoustic w/Lisa)
To Sheila (acoustic)
(BC over ending: You know you make me real.)
Glass and the Ghost Children
BC: Thank you very much, thank you.
That’s the Way
BC: Thank you very much.
Silverfuck / The End
BC: Thank you.
BC: Thank you very much. We’d like to play one more song for you but before we do, thank you very much for coming to our first show back. I know we’re already, uh, coming back for a festival in dear old France and I’m sure we’ll come back to Paris and play a big rock explosion. So we hope to see you when we come back and, uh, from our hearts, god bless you, thank you very much. See you on the Champs-Élysées...strolling.