|Born||April 5, 1978|
Los Angeles, CA, US
|Artists||The Smashing Pumpkins, Spirits in the Sky, Billy Corgan|
|Instruments||Vocals, bass, keyboards|
Sierra Swan (born April 5, 1978) is an American musician. She first joined Billy Corgan on stage at the final Spirits in the Sky show on October 31, 2009, when she sang vocals on "Willingly". On February 25, 2014, Swan's released her album Good Soldier, which was produced by Corgan. In 2016, she sang and provided keyboards for The Smashing Pumpkins during the 2016 leg of the In Plainsong tour. Most recently, she has provided backing vocals to 19 of the 20 songs on The Smashing Pumpkins' CYR album.
Background[edit | edit source]
Swan is the daughter of of 1970s country and pop musician Billy Swan. Her career started with her band Dollshead, and later she was a member of Black Eyed Peas. She has also toured and collaborated with Dave Stewart, Ringo Starr, and Frank Black.
Swan met Corgan not long after she released her debut solo album, LadyLand in 2006. She was doing live work at Linda Perry's studio (producer of LadyLand), who was at the time working with Courtney Love, when Corgan came over to listen to her sing. Swan and Corgan became good friends and briefly dated each other.
Studio appearances[edit | edit source]
- 2015: Tigermixes (Carina Round feat. Billy Corgan) – performer, remixer
- 2020: CYR (The Smashing Pumpkins) – backing vocals
- 2021: Tangerines (Sierra Swan) – writer and producer, except "Peach" which was written by Corgan
- Total shows:
- First performance: Spirits in the Sky 2009-08-31 at The Hotel Cafe, Los Angeles, CA, US
- Last performance: The Smashing Pumpkins 2020-12-01 (unknown location), US
References[edit | edit source]
- "Artist Biography by MacKenzie Wilson". All Media Network. Retrieved 28 March 2016.
- Sierra Swan, The Smashing Pumpkast, November 10, 2020