|Birth name||Chloé Mendel|
|Born||March 19, 1993|
|Other associated acts||Billy Corgan, The Smashing Pumpkins|
Chloé Mendel (born 1992) is a fashion designer, creative director, business owner, and musician. She is the partner of Smashing Pumpkins frontman Billy Corgan, with whom they have two children. Her and Corgan own Madame ZuZu's, a tea shop, vegan restaurant and performance space in Highland Park, Illinois.
Mendel has occasionally performed live with Corgan, usually as a vocalist but she played piano on one song at Madame Zuzu's one year anniversary celebration.
Background[edit | edit source]
Mendel has two children with her partner Billy Corgan. She gave birth to a son named Augustus Juppiter Corgan on November 16, 2015. They welcomed their second child, a daughter named Philomena Clementine Corgan, on October 2, 2018.
Maison Atia[edit | edit source]
Mendel studied at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago working with her father before launching our own faux-fur brand with Gustave Maisonrouge in 2017, called Maison Atia. The brand gained popularity among millennials thanks to Gigi Hadid and Vogue Paris named it most trendy faux-fur of the winter in 2019.
With Billy Corgan, she also run a tea salon in Chicago called Madame Zuzus
- Total shows:
- First performance: Billy Corgan 2013-09-26 at Madame ZuZu's, Highland Park, IL, US
- Last performance: Billy Corgan 2019-11-20 at Gramercy Theatre, New York, NY, US
References[edit | edit source]
- Barnas, Tom. "Billy Corgan's Madame ZuZu's Teahouse reborn in art deco space reminiscent of a 1930's tea salon". WGN9.
- Ashlock, Jesse. "From Russia With Love". The New York Times.
- "Chloé Mendel Introduces New Line of Faux Furs". Visual Therapy.
- Onoda, Masato. "Brand to Know: Coats (and Home Goods) Made Entirely of Faux Fur". The New York Times Style Magazine.
- Borrell-Persson, Laird. "Maison Atia Is a Kate Moss–Approved Luxury Faux-Fur Brand That Plays With the Concept of Heritage". Vogue.