|Also known as||This|
|Associated acts||The Smashing Pumpkins, Jimmy Chamberlin Complex|
|Past members||Jimmy Chamberlin, Anthony Pirog, Mike Reina|
Skysaw was an American alternative rock band featuring former The Smashing Pumpkins drummer Jimmy Chamberlin along with multi-instrumentalist/vocalist/songwriter Mike Reina and guitarist Anthony Pirog.
History[edit | edit source]
Skysaw formed in 2009 under the name This. It featured Jimmy Chamberlin along with Mike Reina and Anthony Pirog. Reina and Pirog fronted a Washington DC-based psych-pop ensemble called The Jackfields. Reina was introduced first to Chamberlin through a mutual acquaintance, and through him, Pirog.
The band released its debut full-length album, Great Civilizations, in November 2010 as This. It was released as a digital download only, on both Amazon and iTunes. No official release announcement was made even on the band's official website. Downloads were removed after there was confusion over the band's name. As a result they rebranded as Skysaw and re-released the album in June 2011 under Dangerbird Records.
On August 23, 2012 Jimmy Chamberlin revealed the dissolution of Skysaw.
Discography[edit | edit source]
- Great Civilizations (2011)
References[edit | edit source]
- "Skysaw Biography". AllMusic. Retrieved 2016-09-12.
- "Great Civilizations - Skysaw | Songs, Reviews, Credits | AllMusic". AllMusic. Retrieved 2016-09-13.
- "LISTEN: Ex-Pumpkin Jimmy Chamberlin's New Band | SPIN". Spin. April 7, 2011. Retrieved 2016-09-13.
- "Dangerbird Records Artists: Skysaw". Archived from the original on 2018-12-11. Retrieved 2020-10-01.
- "Dead Heart Bloom About". Retrieved 2018-12-10.
- "Chamberlin done with Skysaw". Hipsters United. August 24, 2012. Archived from the original on September 8, 2012. Retrieved 2020-10-01.