|Artists||The Smashing Pumpkins, Billy Corgan|
|Instruments||Vocals, guitar, bass, keyboards|
Katie Cole (born October 25) is an Australian singer-songwriter and musician who has been a touring multi-instrumentalist for The Smashing Pumpkins since 2015, and contributed backing vocals on CYR and ATUM: A Rock Opera in Three Acts. She has also guested at Billy Corgan solo shows.
History[edit | edit source]
Her career began in Australia, where she wrote songs for Gloria Gaynor and other dance artists, toured, and released her debut EP. She was eventually contacted by Howard Willing, after which she relocated to Los Angeles. She went on to work with numerous other artists and release several solo albums in the US before being recruited to play bass for The Smashing Pumpkins during the In Plainsong tour. Her own solo act opened up for the Pumpkins during the 2015 leg of the tour. During the Shiny and Oh So Bright tour, she played keyboards, guitar and providing backing vocals, as well as during the 2019 European tour. She then returned to the road with the band in fall 2022 for the Spirits On Fire tour.
Studio appearances[edit | edit source]
- 2019: Cotillions (Billy Corgan) – backing vocals
- 2020: CYR (The Smashing Pumpkins) – backing vocals
- 2023: ATUM: A Rock Opera in Three Acts (The Smashing Pumpkins) - backing vocals
- Total shows:
- First performance: The Smashing Pumpkins 2015-06-15 at Riviera Theatre (North Tonawanda, New York), North Tonawanda, NY, US
- Last performance: The Smashing Pumpkins 2023-11-11 at Walt Disney World, Bay Lake, FL, US
References[edit | edit source]
- Falconer, Daniel (10 January 2014). "Introducing: Katie Cole". Female First. Retrieved 20 February 2014.
- "About Katie Cole". Nashville, Tennessee: Country Music Television. Retrieved 19 February 2014.
- Geslani, Michele (12 June 2015). "Smashing Pumpkins have a new lineup (once again)". Consequence of Sound. Retrieved 25 June 2015.