|Chloe Mendel Corgan|
|Birth name||Chloé Mendel|
|Born||September 10, 1992|
|Other associated acts||Billy Corgan, The Smashing Pumpkins|
Chloé Mendel Corgan (born September 10, 1992) is a fashion designer, creative director, business owner, and musician. She is the wife of Smashing Pumpkins frontman Billy Corgan, with whom she has two children. She and Corgan own Madame ZuZu's, a tea shop, vegan restaurant and performance space in Highland Park, Illinois.
Mendel has occasionally performed live with Corgan, usually as a vocalist but she played piano on one song at Madame Zuzu's one year anniversary celebration.
Background[edit | edit source]
Mendel met Billy Corgan while she was helping manage the original Madame ZuZu's 1.0 location. They have since had two children together. Mendel gave birth to their son named Augustus Juppiter Corgan on November 16, 2015. They welcomed their second child, a daughter named Philomena Clementine Corgan, on October 2, 2018.
Maison Atia[edit | edit source]
Mendel studied at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago working with her father before launching our own faux-fur brand with Gustave Maisonrouge in 2017, called Maison Atia. The brand gained popularity among millennials thanks to Gigi Hadid and Vogue Paris named it most trendy faux-fur of the winter in 2019.
- Total shows:
- First performance: Billy Corgan 2013-09-26 at Madame ZuZu's, Highland Park, IL, US
- Last performance: Porno for Pyros 2022-07-31 (featuring Billy Corgan) at Grant Park (Chicago), Chicago, IL, US
References[edit | edit source]
- Barnas, Tom. "Billy Corgan's Madame ZuZu's Teahouse reborn in art deco space reminiscent of a 1930's tea salon". WGN9.
- Ashlock, Jesse. "From Russia With Love". The New York Times.
- "Billy Corgan and Longtime Girlfriend Chloe Mendel Just Got Engaged". Loudwire. Retrieved September 18, 2023.
- "Chloé Mendel Introduces New Line of Faux Furs". Visual Therapy.
- Onoda, Masato. "Brand to Know: Coats (and Home Goods) Made Entirely of Faux Fur". The New York Times Style Magazine.
- Borrell-Persson, Laird. "Maison Atia Is a Kate Moss–Approved Luxury Faux-Fur Brand That Plays With the Concept of Heritage". Vogue.