SPCodex:Did you know
Jump to navigation Jump to search
In general, they should be no more than around 30 words long, and should link to at least one article (ideally the factoid itself is also covered in the article).
- ...that a live recording of the first show as a full band was given away for free at the last show (pre-2007), both at the same venue?
- ...that the original concept for the "Tonight, Tonight" video was for a Busby Berkeley theme, with "people diving into champagne glasses", but Red Hot Chili Peppers did a similar video for "Aeroplane", almost identical to what the band wanted to do?
- ...that Gish was named after silent film icon Lillian Gish? In an interview, Corgan said his grandmother told him "one of the biggest things that ever happened was when Lillian Gish rode through town on a train".
- ...that a cheat code in the game Doom is a reference to a 1993 Usenet joke called Smashing Pumpkins Into Small Piles Of Putrid Debris (SPISPOPD), and this is reason the Doom explosion sound was sampled in "Where Boys Fear to Tread"?
- ...that "Thru the Eyes of Ruby" contains approximately 70 guitar tracks, while "To Forgive" consists of only one live guitar take?
- ...that the arrangements for TheFutureEmbrace followed an unusual process of splitting melodies into four parts based on their pitch, and the production team would program synths in each voicing and combine them into a multitrack recording?
- ...that a music video was recorded for "I Am One" in 1992, but because the band was unhappy with the results, it wasn't released until 2001 on the Greatest Hits Video Collection?
- ...that Billy Corgan briefly worked with basketball superstar and rapper Shaquille O'Neal? Corgan began work on a track loosely inspired by Dr. Dre, but the collaboration fell through. The drumbeats that survived were used in "Eye", which appeared on the Lost Highway soundtrack.
- ...that the renowned Gish guitar (stolen in 1991 and returned to Corgan 27 years later), was sold to Corgan by Jimmy Chamberlin, even though it wasn't his to sell?