Nielsen playing at Cheap Trick's "Dream Police" show in Milwaukee, February 2011
|Birth name||Richard Alan Nielsen|
|Born||December 22, 1948|
Elmhurst, IL, US
|Instruments||Guitar, bass guitar|
|Other associated acts||Cheap Trick, The Smashing Pumpkins, Fuse, Foo Fighters|
Richard Alan Nielsen (born December 22, 1948) is an American musician, singer-songwriter, best known as the lead guitarist and primary songwriter of American rock band Cheap Trick.
Nielsen and Cheap Trick have performed alongside The Smashing Pumpkins several times, and Nielsen provided additional guitar on the Pumpkins track "Blissed and Gone". Billy Corgan also used a white Hamer guitar during the Machina sessions that was given to him by Nielsen.
Album appearances[edit | edit source]
- Live At The Riviera – (1995 bootleg of The Smashing Pumpkins) – guitar on Cheap Trick covers, from the October 23, 1995 performance
- Paraphernalia by (1999 Enuff Z'Nuff album) – writer of "Everything Works if You Let It", which Corgan played lead guitar on
- Judas O (2001 The Smashing Pumpkins compilation) – additional guitar on "Blissed and Gone"
- Total shows:
- First performance: The Smashing Pumpkins 1995-10-23 at Riviera Theater, Chicago, IL, US
- Last performance: Cheap Trick 2008-06-28 (featuring Billy Corgan) at Hollywood Bowl, Los Angeles, CA, US
References[edit | edit source]
- Christopher Scapelliti, "Machina Shop: The Tools of Billy Corgan and James Iha's Trade", Guitar World, April 2000.