Look to the Sky is the second solo album from James Iha, released on March 14, 2012 in Japan, and released globally the following September. It featured many guest collaborations, including Karen O and Nick Zinner (Yeah Yeah Yeahs), Sara Quin (Tegan and Sara), Nathan Larson (Shudder To Think), Nina Persson (The Cardigans), Tom Verlaine (Television) and Mike Garson. "To Who Knows Where" acted as the lead single supporting the international release. The album received positive critical reviews, with Chicago Sun-Times writing "Iha shows up with this well-written, beautifully played set as a gentle reminder of his talent.".
"Zero" is the third single from The Smashing Pumpkins's 1995 studio album Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness. It was the first song written for the album. It charted at #1 in two countries, and in the top 50 in seven countries.
|“||We like to call this style of our music 'Cybermetal.' 'Zero' has six rhythm guitars, with two line-in 12-string acoustics, plus those wacky Iha leads. Tracked live with overdubs added later, this is a true mover as well as the first song that was recorded for Mellon Collie, James has always said this reminds him of Judas Priest.||”|
|— Billy Corgan, Guitar World, January 1997|
- ...that former drummer Mike Byrne played in a band called The Mercury Tree, which is the name of an old version of "The Crying Tree of Mercury"?
- ...that the arrangements for TheFutureEmbrace followed an unusual process of splitting melodies into four parts based on their pitch, and the production team would program synths in each voicing and combine them into a multitrack recording?
- ...that months prior to Zeitgeist's release, two thieves broke into the band's rehearsal space, stole photographs of the album booklet artwork and leaked them online? They were arrested by Chicago Police and charged with felony burglary.
- ...that a music video was recorded for "I Am One" in 1992, but because the band was unhappy with the results, it wasn't released until 2001 on the Greatest Hits Video Collection?
- ...that "The Crying Tree of Mercury" had an online interactive music video directed by Billy Corgan that was released by MTV?
May 14, 2021
- The Smashing Pumpkins announce their first tour date of 2021: Riot Fest in Chicago, scheduled for September 17-19. Other headliners include Nine Inch Nails and Run the Jewels.
May 14, 2021
May 5, 2021
- James Iha along with Tinted Windows members Taylor Hanson and Bun E. Carlos perform at a live stream tribute event for bassist Adam Schlesinger, who died of COVID-19 on April 1, 2020.
April 30, 2021
April 26, 2021